I swear that at some point in time (and hopefully in the near future) I am going to update this with pictures from our trip to Nebraska and Colorado. I really would have done it by now, but for whatever reason the act of transferring our pictures off of our camera and on to the computer seems like an incredibly daunting task. My hope is that I will do it sometime this weekend.
Well, school is back in session, at least for me. I’m doing a jump start summer school program and I am on day two. So far it’s going good. Pretty soon we will have sped through summer school and right into the regular school year and THAT is why I’m updating this. 🙂 I know that you’re supposed to make New Year’s Resolutions, but I have decided to make new school year resolutions. Some of which have to do with school, while others don’t. In a lot of ways starting off the school year feels more like a new year than January first. So here I go, my list of new school year resolutions, in no particular order.
1. This year I’m going to try my hardest to grade all papers during the week so that I’m not taking any grading home with me over the weekend. Nothing sucks more than having a huge stack of ungraded essays looming over you all weened. My plan is to break up my paper grading over a span of a few school days each time something is due.
2. I’d like to try one new recipe a month and possibly post them on here:)
3. In addition, I think I’m going to add that I’d like to try one new wine a month as well.
4. I am going to work out at least four days a week…maybe three days on the super busy weeks, such as parent teacher conferences. I have an eliptical machine in our rec room now and so I really have no excuse.
5. This year I am limiting my trips to Starbucks. From now on, only once a week!
6. I want to keep a record of the many funny middle school moments I come across, whether I post them on here or just write them down.
7. I want to keep a cleaner house. Sometimes I get so busy during the school week that when my day is done I crash, leaving my cleaning to the weekend. Thanks to a friend, I have come up with a schedule so that I’m just doing a little something every day, as opposed to hours worth on the weekend.
I think that’s it for now. I swear I have more. In fact, when I started this I could have sworn that I did. This will do for now:)